Saving money is really important. It allows you to build up a financial safety net and a cushion against emergencies – meeting unexpected expenses and planned events like holidays; weddings and other occasions.
So whether it’s just for a rainy day or for something a little bit more special, everyone benefits from having savings – regardless of how much or how little money you have. Having some savings allows you to work towards your financial goals and gives you peace of mind should an emergency arise.
Why save with us?
- You are in control – You can save as much or as little as you like and as often as you like. You can save by Standing Order from your bank or you can pay in cash
- Your savings are safe – We are fully regulated by the FCA and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. So your savings are 100% protected.
- You can have more than one account – You may want more than one account, for instance to save up for a special occasion. We also offer a Junior Savers’ account.
- Contribute to our pool of savings so that you and other members can borrow – As a community bank we only lend the money we take in. By saving you are helping others in Hertfordshire who need to borrow from an ethical organisation.
- You can borrow money from us at sensible rates of interest
- You can earn a dividend on your savings paid annually
- In order to start saving now, click on the BECOME A MEMBER button and download a membership application form. Or give us a call.
All our forms – for depositing money, withdrawing it or applying for a loan – are available to download directly from our Forms and documents page.
Withdrawing your Savings
You can withdraw your savings at any time:
- By completing a Share Withdrawal Form and sending it to us either by post, email or fax. Payments are normally made by bank transfer free of charge within five working days of a request being received.
- By using an engage debit card VISA. Members can request an engage prepaid debit card (free but with a £2 monthly fee), which can be used in shops (free) or to withdraw money from cash machines(75p charge for each withdrawal). The card can be pre-loaded with your savings so that you can use the money in your account directly. Uploading is done every weekday. Call before 11.00am for upload by 12.00 noon. This is the quickest way to access your savings. To request the prepaid debit card please ask us for an application form, or download the engage card application, then complete it and send it to us either by post, email or fax. Full instructions are given on the engage classic account page accessed on the main menu.