Hertsavers launches Automatic Lending Module – “Just Borrow”
Members and non-members alike can apply for a loan of up to £750 repayable over 9 months using our new fast application process.
This is our response to Pay Day Lenders because:
- Last year in Hemel Hempstead residents took out a staggering 35,934 Pay Day Loans valued at £9.23M.
- In Stevenage they took out 34,042 Pay Day Loans valued at £8.5M.
- In Watford it was 21,147 Pay Day Loans valued at £5.5M.
- In St. Albans it was 17,091 Pay Day Loans valued at £4.7M.
Take a look at what they could have saved with Hertsavers by comparison to Pay Day lenders.
“Just Borrow” was designed to stop the small loan “Rip Off” so if you need a small loan fast click on the link and get started.”
We offer loans to suit your needs, in all cases you get:
- Sensible interest rates – with, in most cases, a maximum of 2% per month (26.8% APR).
- You only pay interest on the outstanding balance so if you decide to pay off early it costs you less.
- No hidden charges or unexpected penalties – for example, you can pay your loan off early without penalties if you are able to. There are no fees for taking out a loan
- Lower rates if you have a track record with us – once we know you we may be able to offer you a lower rate or a larger amount.
Interest on loans up to £500 is 3% per month (42.6% APR); loans are available from £501-£2,000 with an interest rate of 2% per month (26.8% APR). However many loans are given with a lower interest rate, this is subject to personal circumstances and credit check. You need to have committed to regular saving with us but you can borrow up to £1,500 at 2% per month(26.8% APR) straight away. Larger loans of between £2,000 and up to £15,000 net can be available at a monthly interest rate of 1% (12.7% APR).
How much can I borrow?
Day-to-day lending decisions are made by CUS staff, under policies agreed by the HertSavers Board. We have a Credit Committee which oversees CUS lending decisions and decides on larger loans or, in the case of appeals, against lending decisions.
When you join HertsSavers you need to commit to saving regularly with us (by setting up a standing order for instance) but you can now borrow up to £1,500 as soon as your membership application has been accepted and the usual credit checks have been applied. The exact terms of the loan will depend on your circumstances, including the amount of savings you have with us. We’ll never lend more than we think you can repay.
In general, a loan should be a minimum of £250 with a maximum of £15,000 above your savings. Members can apply for up to 3 times the amount they have in savings, up to the £15,000 limit. If you join HertSavers and save by Payroll Deductions or if you direct your Child Benefit to your HertSavers account, you may be able to borrow almost as soon as you join. In other cases, prudence requires us to be more restrictive in our lending criteria.
For more information about Child Benefit Savings & Loan Plan please click here.
Login to the member’s area where you will see a menu and click on ‘Apply for a Loan Online’. This will bring up the loan application which you can complete and submit online.
Loan product comparisons
Click here to view the loan product comparison document. Please note that it is at the discretion of CUS to determine the interest rate for each member depending upon their individual circumstances. It may be the case where CUS offer an interest rate between the lowest and highest if their risk falls between the two.